not sure if you remember the ABC Chef Yan who does the cooking shows in TV. Anyway, this is his famous line “If YAN can cook, so can you!”
I am very fortunate to have LL as the Chef of the Day ( meaning breakfast and lunch prepared by him)..dinner will be prepared by me. lol. So we bought sausages and bacon for breakfast and this is prepared by Chef LL. he look very serious when he is doing the cooking..cos he said that this is a very serious job. lol.
posing for a shot
end product..i must tell u..the bacon is really good!!!
well, after breakfast, he started to prepare for lunch ..muahaha..cos according to him, the mian fen guo is very difficult to prepare. it consist of alot of steps to make the thing taste good!
for the soup base, you will need ikan billis, da tou cai ( some kind of preserved vege), chinese spinach ( you can use other green leaf vege if u wan), garlic. Can you imagine LL brought all the ingredients from Singapore ( except for the chinese spinach)?
step 1. you need to stir fry the garlic until golden brown. followed by the ikan billis
step 2 you need to stir fry the below together
put the above together with the garlic to a pot of water and bring it to boil…
for the noodle, you need to add sufficient water to ensure that the mian fen forms a dough…
next you shape it into like long fat shape like this and put inside a pot of cold water
when the soup is boiling, u just take one of them out and slightly press from the middle of the dough to make it shape like noodles..
put the noodle into the soup and add in the vege and let it to boil for a while. then it is done
i must say it taste really good!
picture of us…haiz..i suffered from pimple breakout again..grrhhh
ok..next is my dinner ….
potato with minced meat
1. u need to stir fry the potato to soften it and leave it to cool while u fry the garlic
2. stir fry the garlic until golden brown
3. add in the minced meat
4. add in the potato
5. add in some fish sauce
6. cook until the potato is fully cooked.
pan fried egg with beans
1. cut the long beans ( i used the shorter version which i dont know what is it called in english..grrhhh..but i call them wu gui tou)…into small dice
2. stir fried them with onions then put it into a bowl
3. add 4 eggs and mix them evenly
4. add in soya sauce..i use 3 tablespoon ( slightly lesser) for 4 eggs.
5. heat the frying pan and then add in the #4
6. served when cook
1. stir fry the ikan billis
2. add in the tomatos, onions, carrots (chopped)
3. add in water and bring to boil
4. add in soya sauce for taste
our simple dinner
all pictures are taken using PEN.
I love to cook and i love my PEN